The sun is out and you badly need that tan, so slather up on sun-screen, pack the sunglasses and head out in these swim shorts that will not only cover you modestly but look good at the same time. Trunks are out of the question here unless you have all that confidence oozing out and have a body of an Adonis, then by all means flaunt it. These swim shorts are perfect for a dip in the pool or a day at the beach with a Mojito in one hand and a tropical fruit in the other. Length is vital and there is such thing as being too short, if you can see anything that nobody wants to see then yes it is too short. If we can’t see your kneecap, then that too mean it’s too long either and most importantly it fits well too. Play with loud or subtle graphic prints and solid bright colours or opt the safe navy hue, as you will be more than just swimming so you want these shorts to look good to make you look good under the sun. Now go ahead and splash around to cool off and bask under the sun in style.
Here are the Top 10 swim shorts you should own now:
1) ORLEBAR BROWN, Feather-Print Swim Shorts, £135, available here.
2) DOLCE & GABBANA, Short-length Spot Print Swim Shorts, £214, available here.
3) TOPMAN, Jaded London Leather Swim Shorts, £40.00, available here.
4) THOMAS ROYALL, Ibiza Floral Swim Shorts, £95, available here.
5) FRENCH CONNECTION, Caleb Bold Stripe Swim Shorts, £29.99, available here.
6) TOPMAN, Beach Scene Holiday Swim Shorts, £26, available here.
7) PROTEST, COULTON Boardshorts, £39.99, available here.
8) ORLEBAR BROWN, Lurking Leopard Konstantin Print Swim Shorts, £195, available here.
9) VERSACE, Nylon Swimming Shorts, £144, available here.
10) Etiquette Clothiers at oki-ni, Red Ariston Swim Shorts, £115.00, available here.
Words: Ievan Darwin