Quirky drinks in an idyllic setting.
Where? St James Bar, Sofitel London St James
A cosy atmosphere, with a plush setting, the St James Bar is ideal for pre or post dinner drinks. Based in the Sofitel Hotel, it is host to some fantastic cocktails that have a musically inspired theme.
The menu is in the shape and style of a CD insert, with each drink explained on a separate page.
- Catch the fire (inspired by Bob Marley) – Mount Gay Black Barrel, Tanqueray gin, lemon juice, homemade mango liqueur, Angostura bitters, vanilla syrup.
- Why we like it? Easy to drink, light on the palette.
- His way (inspired by Frank Sinatra) – Jack Daniel’s, lemon juice, plum cordial, peach liqueur, Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth, Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters.
- Why we like it? The combined ingredients take the edge off the whisky element; it’s lighter than you would expect! Love the bow tie on the glass.
- King of pop (inspired by Michael Jackson) – St James Bar aperitif wine, Galliano L’Autentico, Noilly Prat Dry, gimme syrup, lime oil.
- FAVOURITE. The presentation is second to none, with a hand in a glove holding the glass. Certainly like no other cocktail we have seen before! And of course, the taste was the icing on the cake.
Whether you pop in for one, or settle in for the evening and try the whole menu (!), it is certainly a bar for your ‘must hit’ list.
For more information, click here.