5* Luxury Boutique Hotel in the City of London.
Where?: South Place Hotel, 3 South Place, London, EC2M 2AF
Located just a short walk from both Moorgate and Liverpool Street Stations, South Place Hotel is in an ideal spot for both business and leisure guests. High end and contemporary, guests will be impressed with the sleek entrance and knowledgeable staff. Greeted with a welcome drink (either soft or alcoholic), the front desk operate a swift check-in system, and explain about the amenities in the hotel.
Tiered between Good, Great and Greatest, all rooms are of an extremely high standard, and one should not be deterred by the categories.
Highlights from the rooms include:
- Complimentary tea/coffee, still/sparkling water and Walkers biscuits. Fresh milk in the fridge.
- Fresh lemon and lime (with mini chopping board) – handy if you are going to make use of the fully stocked mini bar; gin, vodka and whiskey at the ready.
- Not only does the Mini bar boast refreshments, it also has accessories such as earphones and sunglasses!
- In room toaster – in the event you choose to have your breakfast in bed – PAUSE has never seen this before, and loves this feature! Say no to cold toast!
- Gadget hub on desk – with wireless charging pad and music dock.
- Control panel on either side of the bed. This is for the (mood) lighting and electric blinds.
- Large sized, good quality toiletries.
- Slippers and bathrobe.
From Michelin-starred dining (at the Angler Restaurant) to cocktails on the terrace – whatever your fancy, South Place Hotel has the ideal spot. Options available for brunches, parties and business meetings alike.
- South Place Chop House
- 3 Bar
- Angler Restaurant
- Angler Terrace
- Secret Garden
- Le Chiffre
Guests have the option to have breakfast down in the restaurant, or from the comfort of their room. Simply complete the order form (found in the room) and hand on the outside of your door pre 3am! The pancakes are not to be missed – so sweet and fluffy!
South Place Chop House
Perfect location to dine at for a special occasion, even if you are not staying at the hotel.
What to order?
- Chop house salad with Jasper grilled chicken – romaine lettuce, avocado and bacon with a blue cheese dressing.
- Goosenargh corn fed chicken breast – English peas, broad beans, morel mushrooms and red wine sauce.
- Truffle mashed potato.
- English asparagus.
- Sticky toffee pudding
After dinner, the hotel bar has a great atmosphere, with a live DJ playing (we visited on a Sunday night!), and great drinks menu on offer, would be rude not to stay for one or two drinks!
A cosy indoor come outdoor garden, with stunning décor. To celebrate the change of the seasons, experience the Secret Garden as it transforms into a floral haven inspired by Martin Miller’s gin botanicals. Not always manned with bar staff, there is a snazzy red phone that you dial for assistance; a fun quirk! It operates on a first come, first served basis, so be sure to call ahead and reserve a table to avoid disappointment.
Side note: The Secret Garden can be hired out for private events. PAUSE would recommend for birthday parties!
For further information on Food and Drink at SPH, click here.
For all hotel information, and to book, click here.