Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy – but mysterious. But above all black says this: “I don’t bother you – don’t bother me”.” Yohji Yamamoto
If you have raised your hands, muttering a soft “Amen”, or “all hail Yohji” when you read the quote, you are secretly part of the fashion community who has only faith in black clothing. From underwear to socks, until the very last of your accessories: nothing bypasses the black rule you set to yourself. But not everyone understand your “all black everything” attitude and this is where the struggle begins. Don’t worry, we feel you.
1) Basically, black is the most essential colour of your wardrobe
2) The problem is, you tried to explain several times your obsession, with no success.
3) When they see you, some people tend to ask you questions like: “Who’s funeral?”
Haven’t decided yet.
4) Or saying things like: “You always look sad”
No, that’s because of your silly questions.
5) And even: “I’m really concerned about you! You are always in black.”
Thanks for your support, really.
6) “Are you part of a (insert goth/black metal/emo movement here)?”
Yeah, my crew and I are all about black magic and stuff.
7) “Black is not a colour”
How dare you?
8) Your entourage constantly tries to make you wear “a soft touch of (insert colour here)”
Hell to the no.
9) When a salesperson answers you “sorry, we don’t have this in black”, you just walk out.
10) You’re not even sorry when you purchase a new black piece of clothing
11) You always double check an item, just to make sure it’s black BLACK.
12) Every once in a while, you fancy a slight touch of white, beige or grey. But just a slight touch.
13) Because at the end of the day, you are always back to black.
14) And you know the streets is watching.