This Autumn/ Winter 2018 saw fashion take a new curve, with a blaring punk rock theme and a screeching oversized sneaker trend, followed by the abundance of metal detailed studs, harsh leather, and velour, but one trend seemed to run quite consistently throughout London, Milan, Pitti, and Paris; the face mask.
It is a common piece across Asia, where it is a daily necessity in the likes of China, India, and Japan, but its primary use there is a healthcare aid for pollution and disease due to the worsening air quality in the large metropolises, but it seems that now it is becoming a fashion statement.
Face masks have had a somewhat rather lengthy run in popular streetwear brands, where numerous brands such as BAPE, Nasir Mazhar and Off White have taken advantage of the polluted air in these Asian cities and have created their own face masks to tap a relatively niche and untapped market. And now the trend has become somewhat mainstream with the likes of Kanye, A$AP Rocky and Rihanna donning the face masks, and brands like Astrid Andersen and Palm Angels sporting the aesthetic in their recent Autumn/ Winter 2018 shows.
We at PAUSE have selected some of the top face masks for you to cop this season to make a statement:
1. OFF WHITE Face Mask in Black and White – Click Here To Buy Now.
2. A Bathing Ape Camo Shark Face Mask – Click Here To Buy Now.
3. Rick Owens Knitted Face Mask – Click Here To Buy Now.
4. Marcelo Burlon Cruz Mask – Click Here To Buy Now.
5. FENTY Unisex College Mask – Click Here To Buy Now.
6. OFF-WHITE c/o Virgil Abloh Fire Tape Mask – White / Yellow – Click Here To Buy Now.
7. Analog Jagger Ski Hood in Checkerboard Print – Click Here To Buy Now.
8. Marcelo Burlon Telgo Mask- Click Here To Buy Now.
9. OFF WHITE Face Mask in White and Black – Click Here To Buy Now.
10. A Bathing Ape Black Shark Face Mask – Click Here To Buy Now.