Contemporary hotel in the heart of Kingston Upon Thames.
Where?: 1 Skerne Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 5FJ, United Kingdom
Just a 28 minute train journey from London Waterloo, Kingston Upon Thames makes for the perfect escape from the big smoke. The DoubleTree is a new hotel, boasting 146 modern guest rooms and suites, right in the heart of the borough.
5 Reasons to stay:
- Warm welcome cookie upon arrival sets the trip off to a sweet start! Team this with a hot drink from the lounge bar; they serve Starbucks coffee!
- Prime location. 8 minute walk from Kingston railway station, and a 2 minute walk to Bentalls and the shopping centre. In addition it is close to the river, so you can indulge in a peaceful walk and watch the rowers pass you by!
- Fantastic food. Both for breakfast and dinner. Would highly recommend the inhouse restaurant Hawkers Bar and Brasserie even to those not staying at the hotel. They recently took on a new Head Chef and he is really pulling out all of the stops with the cuisine.
- 24 hour Fitness Centre.
- Complimentary Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, making you feel like you’re in a spa!
The rooms are modern and spacious, containing everything you might need during your stay. Toiletries, iron/ironing board and refreshments are all at hand, and if you think you may need something else, you can always ask the friendly staff who will try to accommodate.
All rooms also include:
- Smart HDTV
- Free WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Dynamic workspace
If you’re celebrating a special occasion, it is worth upgrading to one of the King Corner guest rooms, which enjoy added amenities including:
Balcony overlooking the town
Illy coffee machine
Hawkers Bar and Brasserie
PAUSE sampled both breakfast and dinner and were extremely delighted! Breakfast had a buffet setting, with both cold and cooked options.
What to order for dinner? Our recommendations as follows:
- Artisan Breads
- English Asparagus, served with Free Range Poached Hen’s Egg, Truffle Hollandaise (v)
- Crispy Salt and Pepper Squid
- Chicken Grill with Blue Cheese Sauce. (All Steaks and Grills are served with Garnish of Vine Tomatoes, Onion Rings, Watercress, Skin on Fries)
For more information, and to book, click here.